Resting time for pork : 10 mins
Serves : 6-8 people
Preparation time : approx 15 mins
- 2kg rolled pork leg – boneless
- Approx 1/2 cup of oil (your choice) I prefer Canola oil due to dietary requirements
- Approx 2 tbl sea salt or hymilayan rock salt. To be ground before use
- Spray large roasting pan with oil spray, line with aluminium foil and spray again.
- Rinse pork leg under cold water and pat dry making sure to remove as much liquid as possible and rind on top is dry.
- Place pork in roasting pan and carefully score with a very sharp knife.
- Drizzle oil and sprinkle salt on top of the rind and rub in completely.
- Drizzle remaining oil and salt on rind and place in oven. Make sure oven is preheated to 220 degrees Celsius and roast for approx 25 minutes or until top is browning.
- Reduce heat to 180 degree Celsius and roast for a further 90 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a further 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with apple sauce or gravy, roast potatoes and bread.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Again I am new at this so if you spot any errors please let me know. If you share it please reference my blog http://www.Vickyshandcrafteddesigns.wordpress.com