Being gluten intolerant it is always a challenge to find interesting and tasty food to eat. Rice has been a staple in our diet and as my family seems to be getting sick of stir fries, I though I would try something different. I had always wanted to make paella, especially. I love the colours, flavours and texture od the dish. I thought it would be too difficult to make so I left it until now. I found some great information on the basics of making paella and I came up with my own version. My family are always my greatest critics and they liked it. So I think maybe for a first go I did alright.
1 kg children breast (cut into thin strips)
2 tbl Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium Onion
1 cup sliced Green beans
1 cup Carrots (cut into thin slices)
1 cup Capsicum (cut into thin strips)
1 tsp Garlic (minced)
2 cups Water (add more if necessary)
1 tsp Saffron
1 tsp Dried rosemary
1 cup basmati Rice
- Slice chicken breast into 1 cm strips, season with salt and pepper,place 1 tablespoon of oil is a heavy based frying pan or paella pan, fry chicken breast in batches until lightly browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil if necessary and sauté onions until clear in colour, add mince garlic and stir together in pan.
- Add green beans, carrots, and capsicum, stir through and sauté until slightly soft.
- Add dried rosemary and saffron, stir through.
- Add water to pan and let boil and reduce by half.
- Add uncooked rice and cooked chicken stir through. Let mixture simmer gently until rice is cooked and water is absorbed.
- Serve warm with crusty bread.
As always please quote my website www.vickyshandcrafteddesigns.com if sharing my recipe.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the recipe.